What is considered written consent?

Students may release their academic records to their parents, a prospective employer, insurance companies, etc., by providing written consent. Students may obtain a FERPA Release Form either online or in person at the Office of Enrollment Services located in building #3.

In lieu of the above form, a notice of written consent must include the following information:

  • It must specify the records to be released (i.e., transcripts)
  • State the purpose of the disclosure
  • Identify the party or class of parties to whom disclosure may be made, and
  • Be signed and dated by the student

<<< BACK - NEXT >>>